NICEIC Electrical Testing & Inspection London Wide


We offer a fully qualified and competent NICIEC electrical testing and inspection service across London. Electrical engineers at EF Electrical have extensive experience in the inspection and testing of electrical appliance and wiring procedures. We work to 17th Edition BS7671 including the new amendments of January 2012.

Competitive fixed rates for domestic electrical testing work are offered. Please see our latest price guide download or contact us for a no obligation quotation.

If you are a business or a landlord, please visit our commercial electrical testing and inspection page for detailed information on our services. For homeowners, we offer the following domestic electrical testing and inspection services in London:

Domestic Visual Condition Reports

An NICEIC Domestic Visual Condition Report offers peace of mind for you as a homeowner, especially if you have recently moved into a new property and are unsure of the safety of its electrics. It involves an assessment of the condition of domestic electrical installations and aims to determine whether there is any visually evident defect or any deterioration or damage has occured which may pose a risk to your safety. A certificate will be issued upon completion of the visual condition report.

It is important to note that while a visual inspection may reveal defects that are potential electrical safety hazards, it is no replacement for a full periodic inspection.

Minor Electrical Installation Works Certificates (EICs)

A minor electrical installation works certificate (EIC) provides you with proof of the latest inspection and testing that has been conducted on your electrical system and wiring. You should get one every time an electrician carries out any electrical work on your home including updating or renewing electrical equipment, fitting new equipment or installing new electrical wiring or a fuse box.

Should a fire occur in your home, or someone sustain an injury that can be attributed to a faulty electrical installation then an EIC will show that you have, to the best of your knowledge, done all you can to prevent the possibility of an incident occurring in your home. EICs also act as additional proof where you have hired an electrician to remedy an issue and the job wasn’t done to an acceptable standard.

Your home insurance provider or mortgage lender will require you to have copies of EICs available as proof that any electrical works undertaken in your home are compliant with current legislation.

Building Control Compliance Certificates (BCCs)

If you are planning on undertaking a refurbishment project on your home that involves electrical works, then you must give notice to your local building controller before work begins to show that the planned work is compliant with building and safety regulations. However, if your electrician is NICEIC registered, as we are, then it will be taken as read that the work will be compliant, so you will save yourself this stage.

On completion of the work, we will issue you with BCC certification. You should keep this safe as you may need to produce it if you sell your home.

Periodic Inspection Reports (PIRs)

For complete peace of mind, and to ensure the safety of your loved ones, regularly checking the safety of your home’s electrical installations is vital. Electrical fittings naturally deteriorate with age so hiring a qualified electrical surveyor on a regular basis to ensure they are not hazardous is a good move.

At EF Electrical we work to British Standards BS 7671 17th Edition and are NICEIC accredited. Our London domestic periodic inspection reporting service involves scanning for any issues around the home that may be a fire hazard, checking for any defective DIY work and ensuring earthing and bonding in the wiring system is not deficient, and checking that circuit boards are not overloaded.

Official guidelines state that periodic inspections are only required every ten years, but we recommend, for the safety of your family and your property, they are conducted every three years. Landlords or those operating holiday lets should increase the frequency.

Call EF Electrical on 020 8444 5630 for advice on electrical testing for your home, or to book your London electrical inspection.

FAQ - How do we know you can do what you say you can?

We are accredited by NICEIC, the industry’s voluntary body set up to monitor standards and safety for electrical contractors throughout the UK. This accreditation guarantees our credentials.

FAQ - How do I notify my electrical work?

The Government recognises two ways of notifying electrical work. One is to notify the local authority’s building control officer directly. The other is to hire an electrician who is qualified and registered through a Part P competent persons scheme, such as EF Electrical. That way you will not need to worry about notifying the local authority.

FAQ - What is the Part P Competent Persons Scheme?

A Part P competent persons scheme registered installer will know all the rules and regulations. They are qualified to carry out the work legally, will provide you with a certificate to confirm the work is compliant, there will be no building control charges and you will have the benefit of a formal complaints procedure if something goes wrong with the work.

Helpful Tip - Electrical Certificates

If you have had work done on your home, make sure you keep the certificate safe – you will need it if you decide to move home or if there is an insurance claim.

Helpful Tip - Frequency of Testing & Inspection

Don’t work to rule and leave it 10 years till you have your home electrics checked out, the safety of your family could be at risk. You could identify a potential hazard and have it rectified before it becomes a major problem by having electrical testing carried out every 2-3 years.

Sign Up for our monthly newsletter: